March 15, 2016
Spring is here and the season for new beginnings. This is a good time to re-think "spring cleaning" and choose snacks that can cleanse our bodies from the inside out.
These five snacks are guaranteed to feed your mind, detoxify your body, and satisfy your palate!
1. Guacamole - High in fiber and “fat” but don’t worry, it’s good fat! Spread it on toast or eat it with veggies. This fruit is not only delicious but contains a ton of antioxidants and glutathione, a nutrient that can block up to 30 carcinogens and detoxify your liver.
2. Kale chips - Kale is king. It’s loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals and boosts metabolism while providing cancer fighting compounds. Baked Kale chips satisfy the “crunch” we all crave and taste delicious.
3. Raw almonds - Almonds are the perfect grab–and-go snack. Almonds are rich in vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, which helps break down glucose into energy.
4. Greek yogurt - Greek yogurt has fewer carbohydrates and sugar while boasting more protein than other yogurt. It’s a great source of vitamin B12 and potassium, which helps to decrease blood pressure and muscle cramps while increasing energy. Try plain yogurt and add your own fruit or a drizzle of honey.
5. Dark chocolate - Sometimes chocolate is the only thing that will satisfy your craving, so you might as well give in. Dark chocolate is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet, plus it has half the sugar and four times the fiber of milk chocolate. Choose 70 percent cocoa content or higher for optimal antioxidant benefits.
Whichever of these snacks you choose, planning ahead is the key to success. Make time to pack your snacks in portion-controlled containers and bring them with you so that when hunger strikes, you aren’t left having a face-off with the vending machine.
BOSS is the answer to your back office headaches. Our cloud-based solution enables you to hand complex accounting tasks over to us. We work the numbers while providing you 24/7 access to your data—and all at a fixed, affordable monthly fee.
Chris Ayers has been a part of the Greene Finney, LLP team since May of 2017. As part of our Advanced Staff, Chris is responsible for performing audits for clients. His formal education includes a BS in Accounting and a BA in Criminal Justice, both from Anderson University in South Carolina. Chris enjoys an active lifestyle outside of the office, which involves activites such as hunting, playing golf and spending time with his Golden Retriever, Sammy.
Having a remote workforce can be challenging, especially if you are trying to build a positive, collaborative work environment. So, how do you create a sense of comradery when you have staff in remote locations? These tips can help:
If you are expecting a refund this year, you may be tempted to splurge on something not-so-practical. Before you do, take some time to think about ways to use your refund to bolster your financial health. We’ve put together a few ideas for you to consider: